These Digicel E-Store Frequently Asked Questions and Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) apply to you and govern your use of the E-Store and registration components of the Digicel website (“E-Store”) to purchase and sign up for our products and services. You should read these Terms carefully before using the E-Store.
“We” or “us” means Digicel Dominica Limited, a company registered under the laws of Dominica with registered offices at 20 Bath Road, Roseau. References to “we”, “our”, “us” and “Digicel” in these Terms also include our subsidiaries and affiliates (“Affiliates”) from time to time.
“You” means the person accessing or using the E-Store or viewing its Content (and “your” shall have the same meaning).
“Use" or "using" in these Terms means any time an individual (a "user"), directly or indirectly, with or without the aid of a machine or device, does or attempts to access, interact with, use, display, view, print or copy from the E-Store, transmit, receive or exchange data or communicate with the E-Store, or in any way utilizes, benefits, takes advantage of or interacts with any function, service or feature of the E-Store, for any purpose whatsoever.
Any new features or tools, which are added at a future date to the E-Store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. Modification of the Terms will done in accordance with Clause B. of the Additional Terms and Conditions below.
If you do not agree to or accept any of these Terms, or if you are under the age of eighteen (18), you should not use the E-Store.
- How can I shop online for Digicel products and services?
- What products and services can I sign up for or buy online?
You can use the E-Store to:
- subscribe to Digicel;
- purchase a new prepaid SIM card, which may include a data plan;
- sign up for postpaid services;
- purchase mobile and data devices, including but not limited to smartphones, modems and routers;
- How can I subscribe to Digicel and keep my existing phone number?
If you are currently with another mobile service provider and would like to switch to Digicel without changing your phone number, you may use the E-Store to express your interest in porting your number to a new Digicel SIM. To port your number for FREE:
Step 1: Complete and submit the “Expression of Interest” form in the E-Store. You agree to provide information that is complete and correct, including your name, gender, date of birth, email address, contact number and address.
Step 2: A Digicel representative will contact you within twenty-four (24) hours after the submission of the “Expression of Interest” form to advise you on how, when and where you will be able to verify and have your number ported accordingly. The process of porting can only be completed in store.
- How can I buy a new prepaid SIM online?
Follow these steps if you want to purchase a new prepaid SIM online:
Step 1: To add a new SIM to your online cart, select your preferred prepaid package. This may include bundles, plans, minutes or other allowances along with your SIM card.
Step 2: When you have finished adding all the items you wish to purchase to your cart, proceed to checkout.
Step 3: Select whether you would like to collect your new SIM in one of our stores free of charge, or have it delivered to you at an extra cost.
Step 4: Complete and submit the Mobile Service Agreement Form. You agree to provide information that is complete and correct, including your name, gender, date of birth, email address, contact number, address, and government-issued identification (ID) information. You agree to upload a true copy of your ID and to read the Prepaid Terms and Conditions. Only accept if you understand and agree with all the terms and conditions.
Step 5: Review your order summary, provide the details of your payment method and place your order.
- How can I sign up for postpaid services?
You can begin your postpaid sign up process on the E-Store. To sign up:
Step 1: Select your preferred postpaid plan.
Step 2: Complete and submit the Postpaid Mobile Service Agreement Form. You agree to provide information that is complete and correct, including your name, gender, date of birth, email address, contact number, address, and government-issued identification (ID) information. You agree to upload a true copy of your ID and proof of address (e.g. a utility bill or bank statement) and to read the Postpaid Terms and Conditions. Only accept if you understand and agree with all the terms and conditions.
Step 3: A Digicel representative will contact you within forty-eight (48) hours after the submission of the Postpaid Mobile Service Agreement Form to complete your request and tell you how, when and where you will be able to collect your new SIM.
- What if I do not have a utility bill or bank statement in my name? If you do not have a utility bill in your name, you may submit a utility bill for your residence and a letter from the person named on that bill permitting you to use that address
- How can I purchase smartphones and accessories online?
Follow these steps to purchase a new smartphone or accessory online:
Step 1: Add the items you wish to purchase to your online cart.
Step 2: Proceed to checkout.
Step 3: Select whether you would like to collect your new items in one of our stores free of charge, or have it delivered to you at an extra cost.
Step 4: Based on your shipping method and the items being purchased, you may be required to complete forms, provide personal information, or read and accept certain terms and conditions to complete your purchase. You agree to provide information that is true, complete and correct, and read and accept terms and conditions only if you understand and agree with all the terms and conditions.Step 5: Review your order summary, provide the details of your payment method and place your order.
- How do I convert my prepaid SIM to postpaid or vice versa?
- To convert your SIM card from postpaid to prepaid, visit us at a Digicel store near you. To convert from prepaid to postpaid, begin your sign-up process for postpaid services online by following the steps at Clause 5. above.
- How can I pay online?
- For online purchases, we accept credit and Visa debit cards. You agree to provide accurate payment information for your selected payment method and to never use anyone else’s payment information without that person’s express consent.
- What if I do not have a credit card or Visa debit card?
- If you cannot pay for the order online, you may choose to collect your purchase in-store and pay in cash or using a debit card at the store upon collection.
- Are there any extra charges or processing fees that I need to pay when I checkout?
- We do not charge processing fees. When you purchase an item in the E-Store, your total may include the cost of the items in your cart, taxes, and a delivery fee (if applicable). Please be sure to review all fees and charges before placing your order.
- How do I cancel an order and get a refund?
You may cancel your order online, for any or no reason, by selecting the order you wish to cancel in your E-Store account and selecting the “Cancel” option. Orders for SIM cards, smartphones or accessories may be cancelled at any time before the items are delivered or collected. All cancellations result in a full refund of the amount stated on the order directly to the same payment method used to make the order. Refund processing times may vary based on your bank and card type.
- How do I return a product?
You may exchange an item or return it for a full refund within seven (7) days of receiving it. Returned items must be unused and in the undamaged original package. To process the return, bring the item to any of the pick-up locations listed on the E-Store, along with proof of purchase. Opened or used items may be returned subject to the terms and conditions of the warranty of the product, if any.
- How does in-store pickup work?
You may choose to collect your purchase at a Digicel store near you from the listing provided on the E-Store. Please see below important information about in-store pickup:
- Time: Items purchased online to be collected at a store will be available for pickup between forty-eight (48) and seventy-two (72) hours after purchase confirmation. You may only collect during the opening hours of the selected store. If the item(s) purchased online are not collected between the forty-eight (48) and seventy-two (72) hours after purchase confirmation, it will not be available for pick up and you will be refunded.
- Fee: Collecting your purchase at one of our stores is FREE.
- Collection: You may personally collect your purchased items or you may authorize someone else to collect your items on your behalf. Proof of your identification must be presented to collect your items. If someone is collecting on your behalf, they must present their ID, a copy of your ID, and a letter signed by you, authorizing them to collect on your behalf.
- Status: Your order may have a status of “processing” or “ready for pick up” which can be viewed from your E-Store account.
- Location: You may choose any of the select Digicel pickup locations listed in the options when you are placing your order.
- Changes: If you want to change your pickup location, please contact us and we will try to facilitate the change. You accept that we are not obligated to, and do not guarantee that such a change will be facilitated.
- Payment: If you choose to collect your items in-store, you may pay online or choose to place your order online but pay in cash or using a debit card at the store upon collection.
- Contact: For questions, concerns and feedback regarding your collection, please do not hesitate to email us at ___
- How does delivery work?
Follow these steps to purchase a new smartphone or accessory online:
You may choose to have your purchase delivered to your address for an additional fee. Please see below important information about delivery:
- Time: Please allow twenty-four (24) hours for us to post an updated delivery status on your order. This status can be viewed on your E-Store account. Purchases are delivered within seventy-two (72) hours after purchase confirmation.
- Fee: Delivery fees may vary depending on the quantity of items ordered. Current delivery fees are published on the E-Store.
- Delivery: Proof of your identification must be presented when receiving your items. If someone is collecting on your behalf, they must present their ID, a copy of your ID, and a letter signed by you, authorizing them to receive the delivery on your behalf. If you are not available when the delivery is being made, you may contact us to authorize someone else to collect it on your behalf, reschedule the delivery, or collect the item at a store of your choice.
- Tracking: You will receive a tracking number that you will be able to use to track your delivery in your E-Store account.
- Status: Your order may have a delivery status of “processing”, “shipped” or “delivered”.
- Location: You may request delivery to any location that is serviced by the ___. These locations can be found on the __________
- Changes: Deliveries are made to the address selected at the time that your order is placed. If you want to change the delivery address after placing an order, please contact us and we will try to facilitate the change. You accept that we are not obligated to, and do not guarantee that such a change will be facilitated.
- Contact: For questions, concerns and feedback regarding your delivery, please do not hesitate to email us at _____.
- How can I give feedback to Digicel or make a complaint?
For customer support, to report a problem or to send us your feedback, please contact us through the customer support chat feature or use any of the “Contact Us” options on the E-Store.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- Cancellation by Us: We reserve the right to cancel your order if we no longer have the requested item in your order in stock, the ______ does not deliver to the address provided by you, to manage any fraud risk determination or if one or more of the items you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical or other error. If we cancel your order, we will contact you via email to notify you and process a full refund. You agree that in the event of cancellation by us, we are not obliged to provide any further compensation for any inconvenience caused by the cancellation.
- Changes: We reserve the right to make changes to any products or services offered on the Site, or to the applicable prices for any such products or services, at any time, without notice. The materials on the Site with respect to products and services may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update the materials on the Site with respect to such products and services.
- Inaccuracies, Errors and Omissions: Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on the E-Store or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
- Indemnification and Waiver: You agree to hold harmless, and fully indemnify, us and our affiliates, directors, shareholders, employees, licensors, contract staff, partners, agents and customers that display their marks in conjunction with us, from any claims, causes of action, demands, losses, expenses, damages, penalties or other costs, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees, brought by third parties as a result of your use, misuse, or inability to use the E-Store, or any violation by you of these Terms. You agree to refrain from taking any action or issuing any claim against us and our affiliates, directors, shareholders, employees, or agents with respect to our use of the E-Store or any action undertaken by us in which we have removed any product, service, information or content, or taken any other action during the investigation of a suspected violation.
- Warranty and Limitation of Liability: The E-Store is provided “as is” and without warranty or covenants of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory, as to any products or services available for purchase via the E-Store, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, accuracy, completeness, reliability and non-infringement. We do not authorize anyone to make any warranty of any kind on our behalf and in no event shall we, our affiliates, directors, shareholders, employees, licensors, contract staff, partners, officers or agents be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to any incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages directly or indirectly arising out of: (a) the use of or unavailability of the E-Store; (b) any action taken in reliance on, or response to, any content or information published on the E-Store; (c) any transaction facilitated by or conducted via the E-Store, (d) any cancellation or claim attributable to errors, omissions or any inaccuracy in information published on the E-Store or provided by you or anyone else logged in with your username and password while using the E-Store; (e) any unauthorized access to or use of your account or alteration of your data; or (f) any other matter in connection with the E-Store, however caused, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. The only warranty applicable to the products available for purchase on the E-Store is a warranty provided by the product manufacturer(s), which is either included with the product itself or can be obtained from the manufacturer(s).
- Termination. The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes. These Terms are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms at any time by notifying us or when you cease using our site. If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
- Force Majeure. In no event shall we be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of our obligations under these Terms arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond our control, including, but not limited to, strikes, work stoppages, epidemic, pandemic, fire, flood, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, nuclear or natural catastrophes or acts of God, and interruptions, loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications or computer (software and hardware) services; it being understood that we shall use reasonable efforts to resume performance as soon as practicable under the circumstances.
- Unauthorized Use: We are not liable for any loss or harm caused or related to the theft or misappropriation of your credit or debit card, username or password, disclosure of your payment information, username or password, or your authorization of anyone else to use your credit or debit card, username or password. You agree to immediately notify us if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of (or activity using) your credit or debit card, username or password or any other need to deactivate your username or password due to security concerns.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution: These Terms and your use of the E-Store are governed by the laws of Barbados and both you and us hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Barbados. Any dispute or claim relating to or in connection with the execution or enforcement of these Terms or use of the E-Store, including without limitation, any dispute regarding the validity, interpretation, enforceability or breach of which, will be finally resolved by the competent judicial authorities established in Barbados.
- Waiver: Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights.
- Severance: If any of these Terms is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the application of any law, such provisions shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remainder of these Terms shall continue to have full force and effect.
- Notices: Notices may be sent to the e-mail address or telephone number you provide us with in the case of notices sent by us and to the relevant e-mail address as set out on the E-Store in the case of notices sent by you. Notices shall be deemed to have been delivered at the confirmed time of sending.
- Assignment: Digicel may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms to any of its affiliates and any time. You may not transfer or assign any obligations or responsibilities arising from these Terms to anyone else in any way and may not make anyone else a partner to responsibilities written in these Terms and therefore in related legal provisions due to any reason.